Director of Children’s Ministries
Dearborn Hills United Methodist Church
Denomination: United Methodist
Job Type: Part time – 24 hours per week
Dearborn Hills is a Christ centered church whose purpose is to help people Accept Jesus, Follow Jesus, and Share Jesus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the spiritual leader for the children of our congregation, preschool age through 5th grade. Walk with and guide them on their journey to know Christ by creating a warm, welcoming environment in which children experience Christian communion, hear the gospel, experience God’s love, and respond in faith.
- Plan for, promote and publicize Children’s Ministries/Activities.
- Select and develop a curriculum that aligns with the goals of overall programming of the Children’s Ministry while continuously evaluating effectiveness.
- Maintain a budget within the annual guidelines provided by the Finance Committee.
- Recruit and develop adult leaders and provide the tools needed for spiritual leadership for the children’s program in accordance with the Child Safety Guidelines.
- Develop, implement, and oversee ministry programs that reach out to young families in our community and promote service.
- Develop positive relationships with other church staff and ministry team leaders ensuring ongoing open communication and alignment of ministry and church mission and goals.
- Maintain a healthy and growing personal spiritual life to effectively lead others to do the same.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience leading/teaching
- Ability to lead and mentor volunteer team(s) that will be proficient in spiritual development of children and programs
- Strong organizational and people skills
- Possess positive attitude and ability to motivate and praise others
- Strong Christian commitment to serving as a disciple of Christ
Interested candidates send application and resume by April 15th, 2018
Dearborn Hills UMC
25365 State Line Rd
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org