Dearborn Hills United Methodist Church organized in 1982 by the merger of Logan United Methodist Church and Bright United Methodist Church. Through the vision and commitment of these two congregations, a new modern facility, sanctuary, and educational space was constructed by the people and opened in 1984. And, in 1998 a new family life center was completed.
Dearborn Hills exists to tell the story of God’s love and grace through Jesus Christ. Our purpose is to grow persons as disciples of Jesus Christ who love him and make his love known to others. A disciple is a person who accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior, who follows Jesus in holy obedience, and who shares Jesus in faithful ministry. We are a community of believers where you can discover God and experience his amazing grace.
- The Trinity of God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ the divine Son of God and Lord of all -born of a virgin, crucified, resurrected, ascended, and coming again.
- The fallen human condition devastated by original sin.
- Atonement through Jesus’ death on the cross.
- Forgiveness of sin available through God’s love in Christ.
- Salvation by grace through faith in Christ.
- The sanctifying work of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- The Church: the Body of Christ.
- The certainty of eternal life.
- Final consummation of history – resurrection, judgment, glorification.
The sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is celebrated in on special holy days throughout the year. All persons (including non-members) who come to the sacrament in faith, trusting in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, desiring to repent of their sins, and willing to live in love and peace with others are welcome to participate in communion.
The sacrament of Baptism is offered four times throughout the year. Following a time of instruction, adults and children are candidates for baptism. Baptism is an outward sign of the inward grace of God which is at work to make us his own.